Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ultralist

The aches and soreness from the A-OK 50K left pretty quickly and I am ready to run 3 Days of Syllamo this weekend. Most of this week was spent sitting on my butt and relaxing/recovering and trying the bottle of wine I won. (A special note to any Oklahomans who might try this wine - it's way sweet, as in sweet tasting, not sweeeeeeet.) I did go on some runs with Maia and Gina, in fact every one of my runs this week was with Maia.

Since Gina and I forgot a lot of essential for Bandera we decided to make a list of all the things we need to bring to ultra. Here it is:

Running Clothes

[] shirt/singlet
[] shorts/tights
[] socks
[] underwear/jockstrap
[] shoes
[] visor/hat
[] gloves
[] wind/rain jacket

Extra Clothes

[] shirt
[] shorts/jeans
[] socks
[] whitie-tighties
[] crocs/sandals/flip-flops
[] warm jacket

Nutrition

[] Gu/sport gel
[] power/clif/granola bars
[] cookies/candy/little debbie snacks
[] potato chips
[] V8
[] soda
[] sandwiches: turkey/cheese
[] soup/noodles
[] endurolytes

First Aid

[] neosporin
[] ibuprofen
[] baby powder
[] band-aids
[] moleskin/duct tape
[] body glide/vasoline
[] chap stick
[] sun block
[] aloe/solarcane/lotion
[] hand sanitizer
[] poopie paper
[] tums

Hydration

[] hand bottles
[] waist pack
[] camelback
[] Gu2O
[] water

Miscellaneous

[] face towels
[] batteries
[] flashlight/headlamp
[] camp chairs
[] quart/sandwich/snack bags
[] ice
[] cooler
[] dirty clothes bag
[] ipod
[] bug spray

If you want a nice pretty pdf version click here.

Running moment of the week: I helped Gina run her 21 mile long run today. I biked along side of her for the first 15 miles and ran next to her for the last 6. She did awesome. So often she helps out with my running: crewing at races, biking along side of me, meeting me on training runs and just pushing my butt out of bed, it felt good to be able return the favor.

3/3 - 3/9
total miles: 21.0
time: 3:11

YTD miles: 518.3

No comments: