Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!



I turned 30 this week on Wednesday. Surprisingly, I didn't become an amazing distance runner the next day. That's too bad since now I'm going to get my butt kicked in the 30-39 age group. There's a few races/runs I found online this week I think I'm going to sign up for. First off in June, there's the Greenpeople run up at Lake Hefner in OKC. It's a four hour lap run for fun. I think you're supposed to eat a hot dog every lap you go around or something like that. I'm planning on run there from our house Norman and then running a few laps. In July, there's Cap't Karl's Run outside of Austin, Texas. It is a 12 hour night run on a ~5 mile loop. I ran this last year and put in 50 miles. Somewhere around mile 8 I twisted my ankle and had to stop an hour early when my ankle was the size of a softball. I hope to run at least 60 miles this year. July in Texas, it will be a sizzler!

Running moment of the week: Lying around in bed on Sunday morning watching the Woman's Olympic Marathon Trials on nbc.com. The USA is going to have great distance team in Beijing, it will be fun to watch them go head to head with the world's best. Go USA!

4/14 - 4/20
total miles: 49.9
time: 6:25

YTD miles: 853.0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come over before the Green Peeps and run up with you ? That sounds like fun...

Happy Birthday !

Matt said...

I was hoping you would!