Wednesday, April 2, 2008

On the road

Last weekend I was in Baton Rouge for an AMS (American Mathematical Society) conference at LSU. I was staying at a hotel right off of the interstate which normally involves traffic dodging while running along roads that were definitely not made for pedestrians. When I arrived on Friday, I found an hour to go for a quick run before we headed to campus. I decided to head away from the interstate and quickly found a nice quiet neighborhood. There was a baptist church cooking up some amazing barbecue, huge live oak trees lining the streets and gorgeous old French homes. The following and subsequent mornings I ran around a lake near the LSU campus. There is not a continuous path around the lake, but when the adjacent road is busy there is a wide path. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a great spot to run.

Running moment of the week: While running around the lake I saw some spray paint markings, some for a marathon and half-marathon they most put on using the road around the lake. But also I saw a solid line with the words "Endurance 50", it's good to see that there are ultrarunners in Baton Rouge.

3/24 - 3/30
total miles: 42.9
time: 5:14

YTD miles: 681.8

No comments: